My first of many posts about what’s inspiring me! This is honestly the thing I am most excited to share with everyone because if you know me, I am a list person. They make me feel a million times more put together every time I write one, even if it just has two items.
Last year when I started my Sophomore year of school, in an effort to create more everyday, I bought a bulletin board and started to make my version of a vision board. I hope for these blurbs every month to do the same thing for me, but rather than printing, cutting, and pasting, this will all be online and at hand wherever I go.
- This website is entirely made up of color palettes and is very relaxing to go through
- Always always inspired by Van Gogh. ‘Poppy Flowers’ is my current favorite. This painting is actually currently missing - and it’s not the first time it’s been stolen.
- This incredible instagram belonging to a small flower farm. Swoon.
- Thinking of ideas on how to make a dorm room feel this cozy…
- The wild garlic that is somehow still growing outside of my window despite the severe lack of upkeep in the garden
- Alaska. Currently trying to figure out a way to live there for a couple months at some point. Any ideas?!
- The simplicity of this journal entry… Try as I may, I can never get mine to feel this clean.
If you’d like to take a peek at the music I listen to, I regularly update a monthly playlist full of good tunes. Heads up that there is explicit language.
If that’s not for you, here are a couple highlights - both new and old.
- Anthony Green - Miracle Sun
- Bad Books - It Never Stops
- Bruce Springsteen - Dancing in the Dark
- Chance the Rapper ft. Saba - Angels
- Childish Gambino - Terrified
- This entire album will never cease to amaze me. He’s pure talent.
- David Bowie - Life on Mars?
- Harry Styles - Carolina
- “towns, better swim before you drown”
- The Homeless Gospel Choir - Normal
- Julien Baker - Good News
- “In the thin air, my ribs creak like wooden dining chairs when you see me”
- I’m forever going to be in love with this entire album. I’m getting the absolute privilege to see her in NYC and it can’t come fast enough.
- Listener - Falling in Love With Glaciers
- Macseal - Harry
- Paramore - Idle Worship
- Pixies - Debaser
- Sorority Noise - Mononokay
- “And I’ve gotten better at being better at being me”
- SWMRS - Figuring It Out
- Tyler, the Creator ft. Frank Ocean - Where This Flower Blooms
goals for the month
- Keep this website updated (!!)
- Finish half of my art journal
- Eat minimal sweets at the bakery
- Work on launching an Etsy
- Map out the ‘Ultimate Sister Road Trip to Rhode Island’
- Finish reading The God of Small Things
- Clean out my closet
- De-clutter my room before the move
- Hang out with all of my friends before the move (!!)
- Save ALL the money
- Be mindful about the food I’m putting into my body (a goal for every month)
- Relearn my camera